Social Media Internship
Essential Stories Project was founded in March 2020 by a multicultural team across the nation to give voice to people on the frontlines of the covid 19 pandemic and the #BlackLivesMatter movement. It is our mission to provide constructive journalism and create important dialogue among activists and frontline workers that is aimed to inspire and provide clear calls to action. We promote progressive female and LGBTQ leadership of color on every level.
Apply for an internship today and learn about working in film and for a women’s non-profit.
Please note this is not a production internship. All work is done remotely.
Social Media Internship: Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet deadlines. Familiarity with internet research and the Microsoft Office suite necessary. Knowledge of and interest in feminist media, black media, and/or indigenous media a plus. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week during the school year and summer. Duration is flexible to meet university requirements, but a minimum commitment of three months is optimal.
All interns will be required to sign an Internship Letter of Agreement that outlines the duration and schedule of their internship.
All ESP internship positions are unpaid. However, interns qualify for and have access to a number of services and benefits: free event access, interaction and collaboration with professional, multicultural film team members and networks across the U.S., free access to film library from our collection, a complimentary, virtual 45 min consultation with a professional ESP affiliate in marketing, branding or filmmaking per semester, college or university course credit.
- Manage and organize all social media accounts
- Publish social media content to all platforms
- Develop new social media campaigns, and organize cross-platform content
- Research, monitor and report on trends, news, and ideas; make recommendations to expand reach and engagement
- Monitor Essential Stories in google searches
- Record, track and analyze social media and website algorithms, metrics, statistics and progression to identify high performing ideas and campaigns for audience scalability and engagement
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Develop social media marketing package for event subjects and participants
- Complete additional tasks as requested
Applications are accepted year round.
All candidates are required to submit a cover-letter along with resume and references.
International applicants are encouraged to submit an application. Please Note: Essential Stories Project does not provide visas or accommodations for individuals working from abroad.