Do you love networking and building strategic alliances? Help expand the reach of our journalism and filmmaking through republishing, distributed platforms, events and other community partnerships. As Director of Partnerships & Platforms, you will broker republishing agreements with publishers whose audiences would benefit from free access to Essential Stories’ content; you’ll work with the editorial team to place our best enterprise journalism with exclusive media partners; and you’ll oversee the placement of ESP content on third-party platforms. You will also design and increase community outreach/engagement to drive participation in our events as needed. Above all, you will champion ESP’s mission to serve women, BIPOC, LGTBQ+ and those historically underserved by American media.
- Developing and managing a media partner network to increase the republishing of ESP media in alignment with our audience goals
- Securing new distribution partners for major series and events initiatives
- Leveraging partner network to drive participation in ESP events, episode releases and other community-driven initiatives
- Analyzing republishing trends to deepen partnerships and identify new opportunities for republishing and/or community engagement
- Experience in establishing industry networks and an ability to build relationships with peers in film, media, editorial, business and communications roles
- Experience managing partner relationships with proactive communication, problem-solving and responsive attitude
- Excellent copywriting, editing and presentation skills; experience facilitating training and/or community engagement a plus
- Experience utilizing marketing and CRM applications to drive user engagement and retention
- Deep familiarity with publishing and/or distribution platforms such as YouTube, IG TV, Vimeo, etc.
- Familiarity with search engine and social media optimization strategies
- Experience gathering and analyzing data from across platforms
*There is no pay for this position. Essential Stories Project is a not for profit organization. All team members are passionate, skilled professionals who volunteer their time. All work is done remotely.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
To learn more about us, visit our youtube channel:
Visit our Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/EssentialStoriesProj
Visit our website: https://essential-stories.com