Do you love pulling a team together to orchestrate at optimal levels? Help optimize our journalism for readers across platforms. As Digital Producer, you will work closely with the editorial and production teams to ensure content is published on time and with all necessarily edits and elements. You will help manage the editorial team, ensuring they are in sync on production deadlines and priorities. You will monitor content analytics and search/social trends to optimize headlines and website promos as needed. You will assist the events team with pre- and post-event copywriting and task management. Above all, you will champion the needs of our readers by ensuring our content is as accessible and engaging to them as possible.
- Helping maintain our editorial calendar and publishing schedule
- Producing stories, including optimizing and editing headlines, photo captions and recirculation links as needed
- Programming our homepage with the latest headlines, story packages and newsletter roundups
- Helping produce pre- and post-event communications, including newsletter, website and social copy
- Providing research and copywriting support for editorial and events projects, as needed
- 3+ years of digital production experience
- Ability to multitask on deadline is essential
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in WordPress or similar content management systems
- Familiarity with content analytics, including Google Analytics and Parsely
- Demonstrated SEO experience, including keyword research, headline writing and link-building
- Experience in project management systems and software (such as AirTable) a plus
- Ability to edit/produce photo and video content and familiarity with creative editing software (such as Adobe Suite) a plus
- Self-starting, proactive attitude
*There is no pay for this position. Essential Stories Project is a not for profit organization. All team members are passionate, skilled professionals who volunteer their time. All work is done remotely.
We know there are great candidates who might not check all these boxes or who possess important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We also encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
To learn more about us, visit our youtube channel:
Visit our Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/EssentialStoriesProj
Visit our website: https://essential-stories.com